Photo via: domestically-speaking.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Faux wood garage door. I just did our garage door this spring. Only $40 for a quart of mustard-yellow paint and 2 quarts gel stain (2 different colors) . Sealed with polyurethane so it would gradually patina/golden over time. Looks amazing!! Beats a couple thousand for a real wood door.
- See how we gel stained our front door. Our front door was a faded black paint. We used gel stain for a quick, beautiful update!
- Repainted Lamp:Reinvent that old lamp with high gloss white spray paint. Remember to wear a protective mask and spray the piece outdoors or in a well ventilated room. To finish the piece, I added a ten dollar Jonathan Adler shade I bought at his warehouse sale in Brooklyn. In total, I spent less $20 and less than an hour to give this lamp a great look.
- Curtains are a fantastic way to give any room new life. Simple curtain valances cost less than $20 and are incredibly easy to create! No sewing required.
- Dress up your home office and learn how to make a stylish DIY acrylic calendar with a few supplies from the hardware store. Tutorial by Jen Woodhouse.
- For you folks who buy old furniture then paint it…..you really must try this stuff….only a couple of bucks for a 16 oz. can. You mix it (powder) with water to the consistency that you need for your repair. I made mine a little thicker, stuck a few brads, with heads on them, in to the leg (for grip), then molded the leg. I use it instead of wood putty for smaller jobs. It sands beautifully and lasts forever, as you only mix what you need for each job.
- Make this DIY modern address plate for less than $30! Such an easy way to make the outside of your home look a little better. Gotta love some curb appeal!
- The Jewel Loom Ladder Bracelet by @Kendra Van Dellen Wiggins is absolutely stunning! She used bugle beads and it only took an hour to create! FABULOUS! @Beadalon
- Adding a door knocker to your front door is a quick and inexpensive way to add a touch of curb appeal to your home. .
- Show off your childrens artwork with this rustic kids art display wood sign. Use the clothespins (5) to display your childs latest and greatest works of art.
- Create a Garland | 39 Easy DIY Ways To Create Art For Your Walls
- Update your kitchen cabinets in 3 easy steps. With Rust-Oleum paint, you can give your kitchen a new, refreshed look. Save time and money with this DIY tutorial on The Home Depot Blog.